When determining if a resource is fun and educational, digital home learning we considered if this resource is firstly safe, promotes deeper thinking or skill building, encourages productivity or offers opportunities for active learning over consumption.
It’s important to remember that when using any digital resource at home with young people, it will only be useful learning if you are active, present and engaged. So here is a simple structure (Teaching 101) to follow:
12 FUN AND EDUCATIONAL HOME LEARNING RESOURCES
Home learning packs for all primary year levels designed for parents and teachers.
NB: You will need to sign up to a free account.
2. General: Laughing Kids Learn (Early Years)
Developmental play activities for 0 – 5 year olds
3. Literacy: Story time from space
Hear stories read to you by astronauts, from space!
4. Mathematics: Cool Math
A huge list of fun and interactive maths activities
5. Science: Experiments
A huge list of fun and active science experiments
6. Science/STEAM: Cool Australia – Sustainability Projects
A collection of free educational resources to promote sustainability
7. Media: Behind the News
Explore the latest news and current affairs pitched at Junior Primary children
8. Technology: Coding & Programming
Create your own programs, games and simulations for beginners to advanced coders
9. Technology: Cyber Safety
Lessons designed to promote safe internet use and cyber bullying
10. Maker Activities: Microsoft Hacking STEM
A range of open ended maker style STEM builds using materials you can find around the house.
11. Mindfullness/Wellbeing: Smiling Mind
Meditations, breathing exercises and brain activities
12. History: Global Museum Virtual TourLink:https://www.travelandleisure.com/attractions/museums-galleries/museums-with-virtual-tours
If you have any other suggested resources, we would love you to comment below!